What is Rerun?
Rerun is a web-based billing tool made for small businesses, organizations & associations that accept recurring, subscription or membership payments by credit card or bank transfer. Rerun allows you to process recurring, subscription or membership invoices and payments, automate your customer email communication and manage failed transactions and time-consuming exceptions.
Who is Rerun for?
Rerun is for any business, organization or association that wants to automate their recurring, subscription or membership billing and accept recurring payments via credit card and ACH.
Rerun works for all different types of businesses, including:
- Auto Detailing and Car Wash Businesses
- Book Clubs
- Phone/Internet/TV Services
- Computer Training/IT Support
- Country Clubs
- Martial Arts/Karate/Dance/Fitness Centers
- Delivery Service
- Dog Walkers
- Organizations and Foundations
- Day Care and Child Care Centers
- Home Security Systems
- House Cleaning/Maid Services
- Lawn Care and Landscaping Services
- Marketing Firms and Services
- Martial Arts and Karate Schools
- Massage Therapy and Spa Services
- Music Lessons
- Pest Control Professionals
- Pool & Spa Services
- Private Schools and Other Institutions
- Property and Rental Management
- Shared and Collaborative Workspaces
- Storage Units
- Subscription Boxes
- Tutoring and Learning Centers
- Water Delivery Businesses
- Website Designers and Developers
- Weight Loss Centers
How does Rerun work without a full merchant account?
When you sign up for a Rerun live account, you are signing up for either of the following:
1) A Rerun account and a payment processing account with Forte, Rerun’s processing partner. While the account will allow you to process both credit card and bank transfer transactions, it does not carry with it a monthly fee, batch fee, or early termination penalties. Use your Rerun account to process as much or as little as you’d like, and cancel at any time.
2) A Rerun account that allows you to integrate with your existing Stripe account. The Stripe account is what allows you to process live transactions through Rerun.
What browsers does Rerun support?
Rerun supports the following browsers and browser versions:
- Mozilla Firefox: Version 45.0+
- Google Chrome: Version 48.0+
- Safari: Version 6.2+
- Internet Explorer: Version 11.0+
- Microsoft Edge: 38.1+
How is Rerun different from its competitors?Rerun was designed to cost-effectively minimize all the work/time associated with accepting recurring payments and then managing time-consuming exceptions, while remaining easy to set up and implement. You don't need any development knowledge to get started and you can start accepting payments and even integrating with your accounting software app (AccountEdge, Xero or QuickBooks) easily. And if you get tripped up, we're always here to help you with free support.
How do I cancel my Rerun account?
If you wish to cancel your Rerun account, please fill out the cancellation form. We will cancel your Rerun account. If you are using Forte as your payment processor, we will take care of cancelling your Forte account. If you are using Stripe, you will need to cancel your Stripe account on your own.
Set Up Account
Getting started with Rerun. What should I do first?
Getting started with Rerun is simple. Follow the steps below to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your Rerun instance.
Payment Processing Credentials:
When you sign up with Rerun (non-Stripe), you’ll need to wait to receive your unique payment processing credentials before being able to process real, live transactions. These credentials will come from our payment processor, Forte Payments, and will be sent to you in two separate emails for security purposes. These credentials typically take 24 to 48 hours to receive after you have signed up and are approved, otherwise, you’ll receive an email from Forte in regards for more information. These payment processing credentials should be entered in the Settings tab > Payment Credentials.
Connecting with Stripe:
When you sign up for Rerun & Stripe, you will go to the Settings tab > Processing Details. Here you will follow the steps to connect to your Stripe account to use for your recurring payments.
Importing from 3rd Party Integrations:
If you’re not using a third party accounting software, you can skip this step. After putting in your payment processing credentials, you’ll want to import your customers, items and tax codes (if applicable) to Rerun to get started. Rerun does not require a third party integration in order to be used, it is a stand-alone solution as well. You’ll want to import these into Rerun if you’re going to sync between Rerun and your accounting software because otherwise, when you’re adding in your customers email addresses and you go to sync your Rerun account to your accounting software, you’ll receive duplicates in your accounting data file.
Create your Payment Stream(s):
The first step you’ll want to do with your Rerun account is go to the Payments tab and click on the Create Payment Stream button at the bottom. From here, you can decide if you want this payment stream to Automatic or Invoicing, the number of payments, the frequency, and which items are assigned to the stream. If you haven’t already added in items under the Settings tab and didn’t import them, when you add items under a payment stream, they’ll be saved for all future payment streams. You can add any amount of items to a payment stream as you need to.
Creating and Adding Customers:
You can import customers from your third party accounting software, or you can add them in manually. We also have the option of setting up a customizable checkout process to link to from your website, in which your customers can sign up directly for any of your payment streams. To add a customer manually, go to the Customers tab and click on the Green + sign above your customer list on the left hand side. You can either enter in their payment and contact information manually, or send them an email to My Account to have them do it themselves.
Adding Customers to your Streams:
If you are manually adding the customers to your payment streams, which means you are not having them go through your checkout process, you can do this one of two ways. Please note: Your customer must have an active payment method present in order to add them to a payment stream.
- Click on the Payments tab and click on the + sign for the specific stream you wish to add the customer to. This will allow you to search for the customer you wish to add. You can choose whether to give them a discount (% or $), choose their specific start date, add up to two tax codes, and add the total amount of payments. You can also prorate a customers payment if they are starting after your payment has already processed for other customers. The prorating button allows you to charge a customer for a specific amount in case they haven’t used the full service for that month or so. You can decide how many payments you want the customer to pay, even if your payment stream is set to unlimited.
- Click on the Payments tab and click on the Details button to expand the payment stream. This will allow you to search for the customer you wish to add. Similar to the above scenario, you can add a discount, up to two tax codes, and the total number of payments. You can also prorate a customers payment as well.
Tax codes can be imported or added by going to the Settings tab and going to the Taxes tab.
Once you’ve added your payment streams and added in your customers, you are all set. You can set up Email Automation to send your customers emails and check out the Activity tab to generate and view reports.
What can I do with a trial account?
Trial accounts are accessible for 30-days. Of course, if you need an extension, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to extend your trial account.
Trial accounts are prepopulated with sample data for testing purposes. Therefore, your trial instance will have customers, payment information, and payment streams set up. When you upgrade your trial instance, all of your trial account information will be deleted.
Because of this, please make sure not to sync your trial account with your live accounting software. If you sync your trial account with your live QuickBooks Online, Xero or AccountEdge file, the trial account will dump its dummy data into your books.
When you upgrade to a live account, this dummy data will be completely erased from your account, and you'll be able to start with a fresh account. You will not be able to use the sample payment information to test transactions as they will come back as failed.
What is The Setup Assistant?
Upon the first time logging in a live user for Rerun, you'll be greeted with The Setup Assistant window. The Setup Assistant was designed to help you get set up and running in 9 easy steps. Below is a list of the steps to ensure that you are set up properly and to answer any questions you may have.
The Setup Assistant:
- Processing Details: If you are using Rerun with Stripe, you will be asked to Connect with Stripe. Here you will follow the steps to integrate your account to Rerun. If you are not using Stripe, you will put your unique payment processing credentials here that come from Forte Payments after you've been approved. You'll need to enter these into Rerun in order to process real, live transactions. This information will come to you in two separate emails for security purposes, so please look out for both.
- Integration: You can decide if you want to integrate with one of our third party accounting software. If you're not sure about this yet, you can also go to the Settings tab and click on the Sync tab.
- Settings: You can choose when to be emailed, how many times to retry a failed transaction, and who you want your emails to come from.
- Customers: You can import your customers from your accounting software*.
- Items: You can import your items from your accounting software*.
- Taxes: You can import your taxes from your accounting software*.
- Email Templates: You can select if you want to use any of our free, pre-made templates. These will be imported to your Email Template Library. You can view them by clicking on the magnifying glass.
- Email Automation: You can select if you want to use any of Email Automation Campaigns. You can edit these at anytime by going to the Email tab and clicking on the Automation tab.
- Payment Streams: The last step will take you to create your first payment stream, if you haven't already created one. You can watch the tutorial video on how to create a payment stream if you are unsure. Click on the "Create Payment Stream" button when you're ready to begin.
Which card numbers should I use for testing purposes?
The following credit card numbers can be used to test transactions in order to test automation email. On a Live Rerun account, transactions using these credit numbers will fail. On a Rerun Trial account, transactions using these credit card numbers will succeed.
|Master Card||5105105105105100||(16) Characters|
|Master Card||5555555555554444||(16) Characters|
|Master Card||4222222222222||(13) Characters|
|American Express||378282246310005||(15) Characters|
|American Express||371449635398431||(15) Characters|
|Amex Corporate||378734493671000||(15) Characters|
|Diner's Club||38520000023237||(14) Characters|
|Diner's Club||30569309025904||(14) Characters|
Rerun and Forte
What is Forte?
Forte is Rerun’s payment processing partner. Forte provides the secure payment gateway and back-end technology infrastructure, through which your transactions will be processed. You may notice email correspondences with Forte employees from time-to-time regarding your account, limits, transactions or fees.
What happens after I sign up?
When you sign up with Rerun using Forte's flat-fee pricing model, you’ll need to wait to receive your unique payment processing credentials before being able to process real, live transactions. These credentials will come from our payment processor, Forte Payments, and will be sent to you in two separate emails for security purposes.
These credentials typically take 24 to 48 hours to receive after you have signed up and are approved, otherwise, you’ll receive an email from Forte in regards for more information. Typically you should receive an email communication from Forte within 48 hours of signing up, whether it is your approval email or an email requesting further information to verify your business.
These payment processing credentials should be entered in the Settings tab > Payment Credentials in order to get started processing live transactions through your Rerun account.
The following time-frame can be used to help show you the steps and the time it may take to be approved:
- Confirm your email address (immediately upon signup): Confirm your email address and Rerun account by clicking the URL provided in your email.
- Confirm your bank account (+1 to 2 Business Days): Forte will send three test transactions to the bank account you specified (during signup). You will receive an email with an authenticateme.com link, please click on the link and confirm the three test transactions.
- Receive your Processing Credentials (+1 Business Day): You will receive your payment processing credentials after you confirm your banking information. Your credentials will be sent via email, and for security purposes, your password will be sent in a separate, but similar, email. If you do not receive these credentials, please first check your SPAM filter and then contact the Rerun Customer Care team at 877.919.2890.
If you have not received your credentials after 2 to 3 business days, please send us an email.
What are Payment Processing Credentials?
Payment Processing Credentials are needed in order to process your live transactions in Rerun. These credentials help us to securely encrypt, transmit and process your payments and customer information. You will receive two separate emails from Forte that require all four parts that make up your payment credentials: Merchant ID, Secure Transaction Key, API Login, and Password. These will need to be entered under Settings > Payment Credentials to begin processing real, live transactions.
How long does it take for payments to go through?
Credit card transactions take two business days to process and deposit into your account. ACH transactions typically take up to four business days to process and deposit into your account. Rerun processes your payments around 7 PM – 8 PM EST. All scheduled payments to be processed after this time will be processed the following business day.
For example, if you process a credit card payment on Monday, Tuesday would be considered business day one. Meaning you would receive the payment most likely on Wednesday, sometimes Thursday depending on your bank. If you process a payment on a Saturday or Sunday, or on a bank holiday, the payment won't process until the following business day and that would be considered business day one.
Do you accept nonqualified credit cards?
The pricing for Rerun is the same for nonqualified credit cards, such as rewards cards, business cards or government issued cards. There are no extra fees for you or a customer that uses these types of cards.
When will I be billed for my credit card or ACH fees?
You will receive an invoice from Forte, our payment processor, on the 10th of each month highlighting the breakout between credit card fees and ACH fees. The invoice will list out all of your transaction fees you processed for that month. If you have a question about your invoice, please call us at (877) 919-2890 or email us at email@example.com.
I have a merchant account with Forte already. Can I use it?
Unless your Forte account is a Vantiv, flat-fee account, you'll need to sign up for a new Forte account through the application process. If you do not use your Forte account and would like to convert it to a flat-fee, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find out if its possible for your account to be converted.
How do I increase my daily/monthly transaction limit?
If you are interested in increasing your daily/monthly transaction limit, you can do so by filling out the credit card increase form or the ACH/bank transfer increase form. Below are the default limits you are signed up with unless you specified otherwise on the initial application:
- $500 – Max. Transaction Limit
- $2,500 – Daily Transaction Limit
- $10,000 – Monthly Transaction Limit
Once you email the form, along with the corresponding bank statements, it will take an additional 1 to 2 business days to get your increase approved. The Forte team will let you know when the increase has been approved. If you have not heard anything from Forte on your increase form, please let us know by sending us an email to email@example.com.
How do I change my banking information?If you'd like to change the bank account on file where all of your deposits and withdrawals take place, please fill out the bank change request form. We will notify you when your bank has been successfully changed. Please note: Forte charges a $35 fee to change your bank information.
Rerun and Stripe
What is Stripe?Stripe is a robust software platform that allows web developers to integrate payment processing into their websites without having to register and maintain a merchant account. Stripe charges a fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per successful credit card charge.
I have an account with Stripe already. Can I use it?Rerun actually recommends receiving a Stripe account first before signing up for the Rerun + Stripe plan. When you sign up for Rerun, you'll need to connect your Stripe account through the Settings > Payment Credentials tab in order to process real transactions. So in short, yes, of course.
What happens if I exceed my transaction limit?No worries - if you exceed your monthly transaction limit, we will not pause your account. Rerun will automatically move you into the next transaction bracket for the following month. For example, if you are in the plan with a transaction limit of 75, but process 79 transactions, we will move you from the $49/mo. plan to the $99/mo. plan for the following month.
How do I see my fees?The transaction cost will be shown within your Stripe dashboard. To view this, log into your Stripe account, go to the Payments tab, and search for the transaction you are looking for. You’ll see a processing fee associated with each payment amount. We do not offer this kind of information through Rerun at the moment.
I have some questions regarding my Stripe account. Who do I contact?For any reason, if you need to get in touch with Stripe about your account, please email their support at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to their live chat via Stripe.com.
International (outside of US)
Which countries does Rerun work in?
Rerun currently only works in the United States. Rerun will be expanding internationally soon. To be notified when Rerun is available in your county, please sign up on our pricing page.
Third Party Integrations
Does Rerun work as a standalone product? What apps does Rerun integrate with?
Rerun was created to be a standalone product so that customers were able to automate their recurring payments and billing. However, we know it's important for Rerun's transactions to integrate with your financial systems, so Rerun integrates with AccountEdge (desktop for Mac or Windows), Xero (online accounting) and QuickBooks Online (online accounting). You can choose whether you want to use Rerun as a standalone product, or integrate it with your accounting software.
What is AccountEdge?AccountEdge is a great way to manage your small business sales, purchases, banking and time billing. AccountEdge is more than just accounting. You can learn more about AccountEdge by visiting http://accountedge.com/.
What is the integration between Rerun and AccountEdge?
Rerun-AccountEdge integration is facilitated through Dropbox. Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/) provides a secure, cloud repository for file storage and data exchange. We use Dropbox technology to link AccountEdge with Rerun. Information is synchronized between your AccountEdge company file and Dropbox; it is then synchronized between Dropbox and Rerun. The information that is exchanged between Dropbox, your AccountEdge company file, and Rerun is limited and specific. Your company file is not copied to Dropbox, only the necessary information to process Rerun transactions will be exchanged. Therefore, your company file and its contents are secure because they never leave your machine.
You can read more about how to connect the two on our support forum.
What is the integration between Rerun and Xero?Rerun will process your payments and you can sync those processed transactions to your Xero account. When they are synced, Rerun will created Paid Sales Invoices within your Xero file. You can also sync your customers, items and tax codes from Xero to Rerun and vice versa. To learn more about the integration and how to get it set up, please visit our support forum.
What is the integration between Rerun and QuickBooks Online?When Rerun is linked with QuickBooks Online, you'll be able to sync Sales Receipts for every customer transaction done in Rerun. As a result, you will be able to generate reports on sales by customer, by item, as well as the collection and allocation of sales tax. To learn more about setting up the integration, please visit our support forum.
Please note: We do not integrate with QuickBooks for Desktop/Windows.
What is the integration between Rerun and Slack?Imagine all your team communication in one place, instantly searchable, available wherever you go. That's Slack. Create open channels for the projects, groups, and topics that the whole team shares. Channels include messages, files and comments, inline images and video, rich link summaries and integration with the services you use every day. Read more at https://slack.com
You can sync as many events as you want to your Slack channel. The events that are available are listed in the drop down when you click on "Choose Event". Events are the trigger that takes place that will send the information automatically to your Slack channel of choice. For example, if you wish to receive a notification in Slack every time a customer is added to a stream, you would select the event "Customer Added to Stream" and choose your channel of choice. All channels created in Slack will be brought over to Rerun.
Rerun sends notification updates to Slack every couple of minutes, so your notifications in Slack will be in real-time.
Do you have an open API?
There is currently no public API available for Rerun.